How to create and optimize a high converting Landing page
Creating a good landing page is like making a steak: it seems so easy but has a lot of details that will either break it or make it.
An impressive landing page is a key component in helping you convert visitors into customers. You should remember that your ROI depends on how good is your landing page because a cheaply designed page can lead to just a waste of an ad budget. Talking about advertising, we want to share some tips for more success in conversions.
Is not to drive ad traffic to a homepage. Check standard e-commerce homepage — it’s full of so much information and possible actions so the user can miss some crucial steps. Your promo campaign should lead to the place where the user can take action — make a goal of the campaign.
You can double your sales
without increasing the budget on ads
Once the user landed on your site within a few seconds he should get the answers: “what is this site about?”, “is there the information I was really searching for?”, “can I trust it?”. No carousel images! One image or background with clear CTA.
Build the landing page with a logical structure. In the example below, we will take a long designed page so here is a logically built landing page where every point is a new screen:
- Your value proposition. Why should the user chose you and not your competitor? Why are you better? Add prominent CTA
- Details of your product/service. Write a good description who you are or what is your service.
- Write about the user’s “pains” and how you can help to solve them.
- Dive deeper into your product/service.
- Write more about advantages/ social proof. Write about some key features or unique proposals. More value proposition.
- Add prominent CTA, question/subscription form or anything else depending on what is your main goal.
Here are some other quick ideas on how to improve your landing page CRO process.
- Set up Google analytics, set up Google Tag Manager, set up goals and events tracking. Don’t forget to create Scroll event to see the more truthful bounce rate;
- Set up Hotjar for user behavior tracking (good advice for low traffic sites that cannot make a/b testing);
- Make prominent and emotional CTA and headlines;
- Add social proof block;
- Add security proof (SSL certificate, secured payment label, etc);
- Define your audience, write about its pain and give the solution;
Want to consult about something?
If you still have any questions about how to properly run conversion rate optimization or about digital marketing or you need any help in GA and GTM setup, just send us a message or schedule a free 30-minute call with us. We really want to help you.